Chapter 1: General Provisions
Article 1 [Purpose)
These terms and conditions apply to the rights, obligations, and responsibilities between the company and its members when using the Internet service provided by SeaVantage.com and related services (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”) by SeaVantage Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) through SeaVantage.com. It is intended to define, etc.
Article 2 (Effect and Change of Terms and Conditions)
1. These terms and conditions become effective for users when they use the website operated by the company.
2. The company publishes the contents of these terms and conditions, company name, business location, representative name, business registration number, contact information (telephone, fax, e-mail address, etc.) on the initial service screen of the site so that members can know.
3. These Terms and Conditions may be amended to the extent that they do not violate the relevant laws of the Republic of Korea. If the Company revises the Terms, the expected date of application and the reason for the amendment shall be specified, along with the current Terms and Conditions, on the initial screen of the service from 7 days before the expected date of application. Notice. However, if the terms and conditions are changed unfavorably to the member, in addition to notifying them with a grace period of at least 30 days in advance, they are notified separately through electronic means such as e-mail.
4. If the member does not agree to the terms and conditions changed in accordance with paragraph 3, the member may cancel the contract of use with the company.
5. Even though the company has notified or notified the change of the terms and conditions in accordance with Paragraph 3 and the member does not express his/her intention to refuse before the effective date of the change of the terms and conditions, it will be deemed to have agreed to the change of the terms and conditions. If you do not express your intention to refuse by the date of application, you will be deemed to have agreed to the changed terms and conditions.
Article 3 (Rules other than the terms and conditions)
Matters not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the provisions of the Telecommunications Framework Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, the Consumer Protection Act in Electronic Transactions, and other related laws.
2. The laws of the Republic of Korea apply to lawsuits filed between the company and its members.
3. For overseas users, by using this website, you agree to the application of domestic laws.
Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
The definitions of terms used in these terms and conditions are as follows.
2. “Site” refers to the website (https://*.seavantage.com/) operated by the company to provide Seaventage services.
3. “ID (ID, unique number)” means an identifier required by the company for member identification and member service use, and a unique e-mail address selected by the member.
4. “Password” means a combination of letters or numbers determined by the member to confirm that the member matches the ID given by the member and to protect confidentiality, and only one password can be set and used for each ID.
Chapter 2 Service Use Agreement
Article 5 (Establishment of use contract, application for use and acceptance)
The contract of use is concluded when a person who wants to use the service by signing up as a member applies by providing the personal information requested in accordance with the prescribed form set by the company, and the company accepts the application.
Article 6 (Limitation of acceptance of application for use)
1. The company may restrict the acceptance of the application for use that falls under each of the following subparagraphs, and may withhold the consent until the cause is resolved, or terminate the use contract even after acceptance.
1. If there is a technical problem or the capacity of the service-related facility is insufficient
2. If you have previously lost your membership
3. In case of a false application when registering as a member, such as using someone else's name, or using someone else's name
4. In case of omission or erroneous application for membership registration
5. In case the purpose of using the service or the act of using the service is in violation of laws and regulations or there is a risk of infringing on the rights of a third party
6. In the case of using illegal methods for the service, such as using malicious programs and bugs or exploiting system vulnerabilities
7. In case of using the service for the purpose of profit without prior consent of the company, or reselling or sublease to a third party
8. When an application is made for the purpose of impairing or impairing social well-being or public morals
9. In case approval is not possible due to reasons attributable to the applicant or if the application is made in violation of other regulations
10. In case the application requirements set by the company are not satisfied
2. In the event that the application for use is not approved or withheld, the company shall, in principle, notify the applicant of this. However, exceptions are made when the company cannot notify the applicant without a reason attributable to the company.
Article 7 (Change and Protection of Member Information)
1. Members can view and modify their information at any time through the member information management screen. However, the ID cannot be modified for service management.
2. In the event that the information entered at the time of application for use is changed, the member must immediately revise it online or notify the change in a separate form and method determined by the company.
3. The company is not responsible for any disadvantages caused by members not notifying changes.
4. The company strives to protect members' information in accordance with the relevant laws, such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
Chapter 3 Service Use
Article 8 (Commencement of service use)
1. The company starts the service when the member's application for use is approved. However, in the case of some services, the service starts from the specified date.
2. If the service cannot be started due to a business or technical obstacle of the company, it is announced on the site or notified to the member.
Article 9 (Change of contract of use)
When a member wants to change the contents of the service use contract, he or she must request approval from the company.
Article 11 (Suspension of Use)
1. If the member's service use falls under one or more of the following subparagraphs, the company may request improvement and may suspend service use without prior notice.
1. When it is used for the purpose of undermining the national interest or social public interest
2. In the case of criminal acts and acts against public order and morals
3. Acts that damage the honor of others or give disadvantages to others
4. Transmitting or mediating large amounts of information and advertising information that may impede stable service operation
5. The act of distributing computer virus programs that may cause malfunctions of computers and information devices
6. If there is concern about the occurrence of network failure due to excessive traffic or broadcasting of customer VM
7. If customer VM is exposed to DDoS attack, hacked, or suspected to be infected with a virus
9. When ID is leaked and used by someone other than the customer
10. In case of violation of the member's obligations set forth in Article 15
Article 12 (Change and Suspension of Service)
1. The company may change all or part of the existing service without notice from time to time to improve the service.
2. The company may restrict or suspend all or part of the service in any of the following cases.
1. In case of maintenance, inspection, replacement, or breakdown of information and communication facilities such as computers, or interruption of communication
2. In case of unavoidable circumstances due to construction such as maintenance of facilities for service
3. When necessary for service upgrade and site maintenance
4. In case of disruption to normal service use due to power outage, equipment failure, or excessive usage
5. When a member interferes with the company's business activities
6. In case the service cannot be maintained due to various circumstances of the company, such as termination of the contract with the service provider
7. In case of force majeure, such as other natural disasters or national emergencies
3. In case of service interruption pursuant to Paragraph 2, the company notifies the member in the manner set forth in Article 15. However, this is not the case if prior notice is not possible due to service interruption due to reasons beyond the control of the company (disk failure without operator's intention or negligence, system failure, etc.).
4. The company shall not be held liable for any damages suffered by members due to changes or suspension of services unless there is intentional or gross negligence.
Article 13 (Provision of Information, Posting of Advertisements and Hyperlinks)
1. In connection with the operation of the service, the company may publish advertisements deemed appropriate or likely to be used on the site, service screen, SMS, e-mail, etc. There is.
2. It is entirely a matter between the member and the advertiser for the member to communicate or transact by using the advertisement posted on the service or participating in the advertiser's promotional activities through the service. Even if there is a problem between the member and the advertiser, the member, and the advertiser must solve it themselves, and the company does not take any responsibility in this regard.
3. The company is not responsible for guarantees for transactions between members or between members and third parties in relation to goods and services independently provided by sites linked by hyperlinks, etc.
4. Members may refuse to receive e-mails for information provision at any time, except for information related to service use and answers to customer inquiries in accordance with related laws and regulations. However, e-mails that are already being sent at the time of rejection may not be stopped for technical reasons.
5. Members cannot arbitrarily delete, slander, or interfere with banner advertisements provided by the company.
Chapter 4 Obligations of the Contracting Parties
Article 14 (Obligations of the company)
1. The company does not disclose, distribute, or provide personal information of members that it knows in relation to the provision of services to third parties without their consent. However, this is not the case in the case of a request from a related institution for the purpose of investigation pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations, or in the case of a legitimate procedure in accordance with the provisions of the Act, such as a request from the Korea Communications Standards Commission.
2. The company does not engage in acts prohibited by related laws and these terms and conditions or contrary to good morals and strives to provide continuous and stable service.
3. The company must have a security system to protect personal information so that members can use the service safely and disclose and comply with the personal information processing policy.
4. If the company recognizes that the opinions or complaints raised by members in relation to the use of the service are justified, they must be handled. Regarding opinions or complaints raised by members, the process and results are communicated to the members by using the site or by e-mail.
Article 15 (Responsibilities of Members)
1. Members must abide by the relevant laws and regulations, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the user guide and notices on the service, and the notices of the company, and must not engage in any other acts that interfere with the business of the company.
2. When a member uses a paid service, he or she must pay the usage fee in a legal way, and the usage fee must be paid in good faith.
3. Members must provide a contactable e-mail address at the time of membership registration so that the company can notify the members of necessary matters related to the use of the service. The company is not responsible for any disadvantages caused by not notifying the company.
Article 16 (Notification to Members)
1. If the company notifies the member unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, it can be done through the e-mail address designated by the member or a message within the service.
2. In the event notification to all members is required, the company may post the relevant information on the site bulletin board together with the individual notice in the preceding paragraph.
Article 17 (Prohibition of transfer)
Members cannot transfer, donate, or provide collateral, etc. of the service use right or other status under the contract of use.
Chapter 5 Termination of Contract
1. A member may at any time apply for service withdrawal through the information management menu and terminate the contract of use.
2. When a member cancels the contract of use, all personal information of the member and all sub-data registered in the management account will be deleted immediately upon termination, except when the company retains member information in accordance with related laws and personal information processing policy.
Chapter 6 Compensation for Damages and Other Matters
Article 18 (Compensation for Damages)
1. In the event that a member violates the provisions of these terms and conditions and causes damage to the company, the member who violates these terms and conditions must compensate the company for all damages.
2. The company shall not be held responsible for any damage incurred to users in connection with the use of the service for which the usage fee is free unless it is the intentional negligence of the company. Paid services are subject to the terms and conditions for each service.
3. In the event that the company receives various objections, including claims for damages or lawsuits, from a third party other than the member due to illegal acts or violations of these Terms and Conditions performed by the member in using the service, the member shall be responsible for his/her responsibility and expenses The company must be indemnified as a result, and if the company is not exempted, the member must compensate for all damages incurred by the company.
Article 19 (Exemption clause)
1. The company only provides information based on the SEAVANTAGE service, and the party to the transaction is responsible for any disputes regarding the contents of the transaction that occurred by referring to the information provided by the SEAVANTAGE service.
2. The company is exempted from responsibility for service provision if it is unable to provide the service due to a natural disaster or force majeure equivalent thereto.
3. The company is not responsible for any obstacles to service use due to reasons attributable to the member.
4. The company is not responsible for the loss of the revenue expected by the member using the service or for any damage caused by the data obtained through the service.
5. The company is not responsible for the reliability and accuracy of the information, data, facts posted by the company or members of the service.
Article 20 (Competent Court)
1. In the event of a dispute between the company and the member in relation to the use of the service, the company and the member faithfully consult to resolve the dispute.
2. If a lawsuit is filed for a dispute arising from the use of the service, the court having jurisdiction over the location of the company's headquarters shall be the exclusive competent court.
Terms of Service Version Number: v1.1